Margherita Pizza Recipe
This easy pizza recipe uses pre-made pizza dough, pre-made San Marzano pizza sauce, chewy mozzarella cheese, a sprinkling of basil and a crispy crust. We used our a Char-Broil Kamander Charcoal Grill with a pizza stone on it, but feel free to use whatever grill you have, just make sure it gets HOT (600-800 degrees)! The beauty of making pizza at home is that you can make your pizza with whatever toppings you want. More cheese, please.
- Trader Joe’s pre-made pizza dough
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Finishing salt
- Take your pizza crust out of the fridge so it gets to room temp
- In a small bowl, mince a few cloves of garlic and drizzle with hella olive oil (depending on your taste).
- Heat Char-Broil Kamander Charcoal grill to about 700-800 degrees.
- On a flat surface, lay out some flour and start kneading your dough until flat. Make a small ridge for the crust.
- Once your dough is flat, start hand-stretching it, gently, in a clock-wise or counter-clock motion.
- Using the garlic/olive oil mixture you made earlier, spread that allllll over the dough.
- Add pizza sauce (as much or as little as you want)
- Add mozzarella cheese slices (as much or as little as you want)
- Add basil (as much or as little as you want)
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Time to grill!
- Place parchment paper on pizza stone on BBQ
- CAREFULLY put your pizza on the parchment paper
- Heat about 4 minutes, until pizza is cooked to your liking
- Remoce pizza from grill and sprinkle with salt
Trader Joe’s Pre-Made Pizza Dough
Pizza Toppings: Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
Pizza before it hits the grill
This is the grill we’re using: Char-Broil 27″ Kamander Charcoal Grill. It’s AMAZING! This Charcoal grill uses insulated double-wall steel construction to heat quickly and gets to a very high heat.
My finished Margherita Pizza: