Case Study: Yoogi’s Closet
Yoogi’s Closet is an online retailer that specializes in pre-owned luxury goods.
- Wireframing and prototyping
- UI/UX copy and design
Yoogi’s homepage needed a design refresh that addressed new users and provided more ways to discover the variety of luxury products they carry. Three key brand pillars needed to be included in the copy.
- Establishing trust
- Getting a good deal
Make it easy for new users to understand that Yoogi’s Closet buys and sells authenticated pre-owned luxury goods. There should be distinct sections to differentiate between the shopping and selling. The design should include large images, social proof, and merchandising opportunities.
The objectives of a new homepage design from the client:
- Widen the page while retaining fully Responsive Design.
- Do away with dated gradients of the current design. Replace with a simple design that highlights photography and merchandising opportunities.
- Top headline text will be editable in admin and rotate messages.
- Homepage should focus on our value proposition messaging and tell our clients a story – hero shot, why should you buy from us, why you should sell to us, curated products for more custom merchandising opportunity.
- The homepage needs to include Social Proof. We want to rotate customer pics/testimonials with press clips. Also, include the latest Instagram posts.
- Visually appealing design to use custom photography of our products
My plan was to go for a clean, modern look with a lot of room to merchandise the page for additional sales opportunities. Many design features I presented could be made updated in Magento CMS without the use of a developer or designer, so the page can be updated more often.
- Succinct, straightforward microcopy.
- Homepage uses value proposition messaging throughout all copy.
- Use of Google Font Open Sans, which loads quickly and looks modern.
- The products in the “Why shop with Yoogi’s” section can be changed out regularly without a designer or developer.
- Include a section for client testimonials for social proof.
- The merchandising blocks in the bottom section allow for more merchandising opportunities to appeal to more of shoppers.